Background & Vision
- The Nordic countries and the world need a location and a forum to take the Paris agreement to the next level and to stay focused on the 1.5°C target. 100% focus on action, Innovations, Implementation and communication of success stories, a platform for companies/organisations to announce climate related goals set and achieved.
- Gothenburg, the city between three Nordic capitals, in a neutral country with a history of Innovation, cutting edge technology and knowledge, is the natural location for this forum. Just like small villages in Switzerland, Davos or Cannes in France is world leading to discuss economy or film.
“The World needs an independent climate forum, at a neutral location like Gothenburg, to create reality of the Paris Agreement” – Late Dr. Rajendra Pachauri
- Sweden, has historically had a great role and influence within international politics, science, business and has always been in the forefront on environment, innovation and new technology implementation. In 2018 the first climate conference was held in Gothenburg with participants like Sir David Attenborough and late chair of IPCC, Dr Rajendra Pachauri, where all agreed around the need of Climate AID World Forum and that Gothenburg is a perfect location.
- Be a long-term, partnership and communication platform for multiple stakeholders – business, government, academic, innovation community and civil society – committed to limiting global warming to 1.5°C.
- To take actions and implement global, regional and sector agendas for a climate-proof, renewable and circular society.
- To be the leading Nordic Regional voice and orchestrator of piloting and deploying innovation for net zero emission global solutions, with the Nordics as the test bed and the world in mind.
- Think – Talk Straight
- Action-Taker Entrepreneurial
- Stewardship of the planet
BENEFITS OF TAKING PART OF CLIMATE AID WORLD FORUM
Forum platform is for/to
Knowledge, information and understanding
Communication, collaboration & networking
Innovations, implementation, experience and implementation capacity
Long term partnerships and business innovation
Create benefits such as talent attraction and employee as well as customer loyalty
Drive development towards a sustainable and circular business
Members to share information, developments “sharing is caring”
Create a global network of world’s leaders and pioneers, to build public-private partnership and alliance towards 1.5°C scenario
Participate an annual Flagship/Hybrid event to address high priority challenges (e.g., Actions, Challenges, Financing and Innovation)
Innovation, a hub with a growing community of young start-ups to pilot innovative solutions, to scale up from local initiative to global deployment
- The forum is 100% independent and impartial
- Accessible, holistic communication, easy to grasp for the whole society are principles are core principles.
- Change must start with awareness. The forum will provide opportunities for its members to be at the forefront of the New Future. Business can lead through innovation and determination, driving new consumer behaviour and shaping the regulatory landscape.
- Members of the Forum must make a statement of climate commitment, with a roadmap towards net zero emission, and share their existing internal CSR agenda related on the climate and the environment.
- Members report progress, share success stories and challenges annually, with data transparency and consistency, this to stimulate others to take action. The Forum reports on its managed activity related to innovation, research and knowledge sharing.
Forum Burning Agenda
- To avoid dangerous climate crisis, we need to work with a holistic approach. We need to develop solutions to help drive towards net-zero fossil fuel, but also address how we produce and consume within the planet’s limit, with resource efficiency and circularity in mind.
- The impact of climate change is here and now. The vulnerable ecosystems, such as rainforests and oceans, are under unprecedented urgent crisis. We must therefore take collective actions to help people, business and nature to limit, adapt and prepare for the impacts of climate change.
- Implementation through innovation is the key. We call for common actions with sharp deadline by 2030.
Global Green House Gases by Sectors
Each industry sector needs to be tackled and discussed in the Forum